Monday 22 February 2010

Music and sound

I spent alot of time looking for music, initially I was planning on writing to a band called the Decemberists who have multiple dark nautical folk songs, which were perfect for the piece. I did manage to find a very similar sounding piece on a music website, and it had no words which was even better, but you had to pay to use it. So in the end i used my friend Harry a music tech student, the specification i gave him, were: horror, nautical, folk
and I think he came back with a fantastically fitting piece.

One sound problem i had was the variation in wind noise between shots, further more some had me tlaking in the background, so in the end the vast majority of the shot were muted. The gulls and waves were preset sounds on imovie.
You can also hear the sound of the tape whirring in some of the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment