Tuesday 2 March 2010

changes

I re watched the wickerman opening; they used fading in between shots so I added them to mine. My film was 1.21 after the first cut I added some more scenes but may need to record more footage.

Might need to work on the titles. They were fairly plain, but in the end I fitted them into nice areas on the screen, where they don’t obscure anything and are clear to see, I used a curly hand-written-look font, which I think matches well with the oldy worldly feel of my opening.

I tried an effect called old school, which made it yellow and grainy, I then tried black and white and finally de saturation, I had a low contrast for a while but then decided it looked best on a high contrast.

The music was made by Harry on reason I asked for an eerie nautical folk song, and I think the music also echoes the wind and isolation.

I also slowed some of the scenes down subtly to about 95% because he was walking too fast. I slowed a shot of a seagull right down it looked very dramatic. I sped up some shots of clouds drifting past a church by over 2000% I was scared it would look gimmicky, but I think it is a nice effect and adding high contrast to the shot added depth to the clouds and made the church a completely black silhouette. Which could represent Christianity has left the village, and paganism is rife. I used fades in the initial shots, but i had them throughout but i decided it was a bit ponderous like that, so i removed them as he enters the village and it gives the character pace and purpose, as well as keeping the audience engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment