Friday 22 January 2010

Film openings- www.artofthetitle.com


Sherlock Holmes - i loved the ending credits. The brown paper newspaper headings and cobble stones, immediately take the audience and immerses them in the world of sherlock homes, and for me the best films are always the ones, in which you forget you are watching a film and are totally immersed in the world, portrayed.

Coraline - I thought it was one of the coolest openings ive ever seen, I love stop motion. I also like the embroidered titles which fit in with the puppet thing and looks alot more interesting than a computer font pasted over the top of something, the sherlock holmes calligraphy also looks good.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, go back and look at the openings analyse them in more depth. It is not enough to tell me it is one of the coolest openings ever....

    ReplyDelete